Altered Label Card Thinlits Die!

WARNING...."Light Bulb Moment" today! I am going to show you another way to use your Stampin' Up! Card Thinlits Die today. I w... thumbnail 1 summary
WARNING...."Light Bulb Moment" today!

I am going to show you another way to use your Stampin' Up! Card Thinlits Die today. I was blogging about another card a few days ago and happen to be holding the card horizontally instead of vertically in my hand and thought "Hey, I just had an idea". I dropped what I was doing and quickly ran to my stamp room, whipped up the cardstock from the Label Card Thinlits Die and what I did next....IT WORKED like a charm! Sorry to be rambling but I'm so excited to share this with you. So....this is what the intended die is supposed to look like when creating a card:


This is a card I made a few months ago. Notice how it sits as a vertical 3-fold. Now take a peek at what I did with the die below:


I turned it horizontal, added a score line and created a Step-Card! Yes I did! How exciting is that! Can you feel my excitement as you read this? This is what the card looks like when stretched open:


I also used one of the framelits shape that is included with the die to layer my Pumpkin Pie Cardstock piece. The stamped layer was cut with the Labels Collection Framelit Dies which is the exact same shape so the layers all coordinate well together:


I also used my Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Marker to color the Rhinestone Jewels that I added to the card:


Do you want to know how to make this card shape? You are in luck because I just so happen to have taken a photo for you so you can create your own. Here is what the card looks like when cut and scored from the back:


All you have to do is score the smaller panel that measures 1 5/8" that you see on the right-hand side, in half. Score in the center at 13/16". Okay, I can now see you rolling your eyes and thinking WHAT 13/16...help! Here's 3 easy ways of doing this if you have a hard time with fractions and measuring. I have highlighted in red, where you need to add your score line:


  • Using a ruler that has 1/16" increments, count 13 lines or
  • Using a ruler that only has 1/8" increments, count 6 lines and move over to half-way to the next line (in-between both lines) or
  • Using a ruler that only has 1/4" increments, count 3 lines and move over just a smidgen to score!
 
 Now for the designer paper layers. You will need two pieces:
  • 5 1/4" x 1 7/8" and
  • 5 1/4" x 5/8"
Glue your designer papers on first, then add your label shaped layers. How fun is that!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today! 



 


 
debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét