Quilts on the Courthouse Square!

I just did the dumbest thing. Okay, not JUST did – but about 15 hours ago did! I left my laptop cord back at the hotel in Huntsville, and I’... thumbnail 1 summary
I just did the dumbest thing.

Okay, not JUST did – but about 15 hours ago did!

I left my laptop cord back at the hotel in Huntsville, and I’m now 60 miles or so away in Bryan.

And my laptop has half a battery charge left!

I have a call into them……it’s there – and an email into my guild contact to let them know so they can pick it up and they can mail it home to me..but for now? What do I do?

Write a couple blog posts quick before the battery dies and just know that I am going to have to deal without a laptop once this battery is gone!

Therefore – I’m saving the last of the class photos from this trip for when I can do them from a big computer because it takes a lot of battery power and TIME to edit down photos!

So how about some quilts?

I love this framed 9 patch – it’s framed with the same fabric in the blog --- all solids….Nice!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 034

More Nine Patches!

This one had really great fabric ---love those greens blues and yellows!  Take a closer look:

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 035S

Sweet!  1950s, maybe?

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 036

Sort i\of strings, sort of shirts maybe? Definitely scrap bag!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 037

Gingham in all directions!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 044

One shop had hung pictures on TOP of quilts and quilt tops…how do they expect us to see anything?!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 045

Great printy fabrics here….also 1940s and 50s

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 046

Pld Bowtie top with fun indigos, ginghams and solids.

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 048

This was one section of a great string quilt…the rest was covered with pictures in frames!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 049

How big are these blocks?

About THIS big:

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 050

What are the smallest strings you’ve ever done?  These were about 2-1/2”

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 053

THIS was a fun one!  3 solid triangles in each pyramid and a variety of prings…

And that bubble gum pink!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 054

Oh, I love this!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 059

A classic double wedding ring!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 060

With each arc being made of two fabrics only…except for where she ran out of something!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 061

This is a love!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 064

Stylized tulips in applique!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 068

But this one was REALLY fun!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 069

Diagonal rows of planned rosettes!

The path is a warm brown.

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 070

Lots of stripes and plaids and more masculine fabrics….a definite scrap bag project.

I really loved this one!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 076

Country style churn dashes in plaids and stripes and solids…isn’t the fan quilting great?

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 077

Happy Gold Gingham!

I’ll try to stay updated through my return home on Thursday via my phone.  Boy do I feel like a dunce..left the cord plugged right into the wall!

I’m reserving battery power as much as possible ----good thing this happened at the end of my trip, and that I didn’t leave the cord in Peoria!

Today’s class is Sister’s Choice.  It’s going to be a fun day, and I’ll take lots of photos to share when I get home!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét