Make your own Burlap Stamp!

Happy Sunday Stampers! How are your Christmas preparations coming? My goal is to wrap gifts today. We had a Christmas party for Dave's f... thumbnail 1 summary
Happy Sunday Stampers! How are your Christmas preparations coming? My goal is to wrap gifts today. We had a Christmas party for Dave's family yesterday. They haven't gathered together in a long time as everyone has their own families. So it was long overdue. Now that we no longer own our business and Dave is retired, we have the whole garage that we can use to party in. The garage is heated and huge. We had our Christmas tree in there plus other decorations from the prior week's party where we had friends over, so we just left everything intact and partied again yesterday! Now to move the tree to living room. That's on the agenda for today also.

So what do I have in store for you today? How about a homemade background stamp? I was working with ribbon yesterday and happen to pick up my roll of burlap ribbon and thought, hey....
 
 
I could glue this to a wood block (which I happened to have one in my supply closet) using Sticky Strip. So that's what I did. I added two strips of Sticky Strip and glued a piece of burlap ribbon place. What did I do with it? I used it as a brandy-new background stamp! Just look, it's fabulous:

Since the burlap ribbon is 1-1/4" wide, I just stamped by adding some vertical strips overlapped by some horizontal strips. Notice the All Is Calm Snowflake Embellishment? It appears to be brownish in color doesn't it? That's because it is. I colored it was my darkest shade of Crumb Cake Blendabilities Marker and then added Candy Dot in the center. The ornament is hung with Linen Thread and a Glue Dot:

 
I hope you enjoyed my brandy-new background stamp. Here are all of the Stampin' Up! supplies I used on today's card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét