3D Star Ornament!

We had a great blog hop last night with my teammates the Control Freaks. Make sure you click HERE to visit if you missed it.  I've been... thumbnail 1 summary
We had a great blog hop last night with my teammates the Control Freaks. Make sure you click HERE to visit if you missed it.

 I've been wanting to create at least one ornament this year and this is the one I came up with using the Stars Framelits Dies and the Bright & Beautiful Stars stamp set:
 

So quick & easy and I'll show you the steps:


You can use whatever size stars to make your ornament. Stamp and cut 7 stars.


Using your Simple Scored Scoring Tool, score each star in half. Notice the black Permanent marker line I have on my board? I added that at the 6" mark because I use that a lot as a guide. You will see how the point to my star is on the line and the center of the bottom of my star is also lined up perfectly on my line. It makes it easy to use the correct scoring groove!


Score all 7 stars in the center. Oh and I thought I would insert a break with the photo below. Don't you just love my Christmas nails? Thanks to my nail tech Carol. How awesome is that!


Okay, back to our star. Now you will add adhesive to only half of one star. Press the 2nd star to the first star, gluing the halves together:


Keep gluing one half stars to each other until your ornament looks like this:


Now add Tombow Multipurpose Glue inside the groove in the center back of the ornament:


Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine and fold in half. Cut to your desired length plus the length of the star. Fold in half and press in place in the groove:


Now add adhesive to one of the halves of your ornament and press the stars together to close them all up. Your ornament should now look like this:


Create a bow using the Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon and use a hot glue gun to glue it to the top of your ornament:


 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 





debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét