Designer Paper Gift Bag with Lid!

Good day stampers and welcome! So glad you are visiting today as I have something neat to show you. Earlier in the year, I showed you how to... thumbnail 1 summary
Good day stampers and welcome! So glad you are visiting today as I have something neat to show you. Earlier in the year, I showed you how to create a homemade gift bag using two pieces of 12" x 12" designer paper. You can view the tutorial here: GIFT BAG TUTORIAL

So what am I going to show you today? I'm going to show you how to add a lid to your gift bag. Take a look at my gift bag below and you'll notice that I created a lid-style topper:


The lid is created with two slits at the top so that the twine handles slide in to keep it in place. The photo below shows you both pieces...the bag and the lid:


See how the handles are inserted through the two slits?



And I used the nutcracker image from the Santa Stache stamp set for the front of the bag and stamped him a 2nd time and cut out the stache only for the top of the lid. I used my Blendabilities Markers to color. Isn't he handsome?


I know you are absolutely going to want to create the lid so here are the measurements:
  • Cardstock measures 5 1/2" x 8 1/4"
  • Score 1" on all 4 sides
  • Snip the tabs on the score lines as shown in the photo below and also angle the ends a little for easier gluing:

Use your Paper Cutter to create slits on the inside of the score lines on the long side as shown below. My slits measure 1/8" x 3 1/2":


Glue all 4 tabs to create the sides of your lid. Decorate as you like and position on the top of your gift bag by sliding the handles in through the slits:


Sooo, did you read my post yesterday about Black Friday just being around the corner. Did you work on your wish list? I will have some surprises of my own on that day. Make sure you are prepared for it! Here's more of what's going on:

Stampin' Up! Doorbuster's! If you missed the ONE DAY DOORBUSTER, there will be another ONE DAY DOORBUSTER again on December 1st. These doorbuster's are all WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! You can still jump in on the Extravaganza Sale, click here for the PDF:  

DOORBUSTER PDF

******************************
 
As I stated...Black Friday is almost here! Are you ready? I'm going to have some awesome things going on with MY OWN BLOG. I promise you won't be disappointed! It all starts on Black Friday November 28th and going on until Cyber Monday December 1st. I'll have FREE product, free kits and free tutorials to share with you Online Shoppers! Make sure you check my blog on November 28th!

******************************

And lastly, don't forget to you can save SAVE 25% on the Stampin' Up! Starter Kit which will also be on SALE from Nov. 24 - Dec. 2. Receive $125 worth of product for just a tad under $75.00. You will also receive a 5% cash back on your December sales and purchases paid to you in January. You would be part of my team and part of a "discount club"! Watch for more information. I would love to have you join me!

 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!




debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét