CCMC157

Happy Thursday! How would you like to join us today at Create with Connie & Mary with a sketch challenge? Do you often just sit there s... thumbnail 1 summary
Happy Thursday! How would you like to join us today at Create with Connie & Mary with a sketch challenge? Do you often just sit there staring at a blank canvas (being your cardstock) and don't know where to start? Card sketches are the perfect answer. I sometimes pick a stamp set and create my card around that stamp set, or I pick certain colors that go well together and go from there. Come join us today. Here is the sketch you can play with:


For this card sketch, I wanted to use butterflies. I also dug out my Color Coach and found 3 colors that coordinate:



When I finished my card, I thought the sentiment panel looked boring so I dug out my stencils and added just parts of a stencil. I think that added a little more detail to my sentiment. As you all know, I don't like clutter or too many elements in my cards so the stencil kind of balanced everything out. What do you think?

Card supplies:
  • Cardstock: Soft Suede, So Saffron, Poppy Parade, Whisper White
  • Inks: Soft Suede, Poppy Parade
  • Stamp Set: Flight of the Butterfly
  • DSP: In-Color Patterns Paper Pack
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Sponge Dauber
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Bakers Twine
  • Stencil: Kind Thoughts Brocade 
I leave you today with a photo of a moth that was on the outside of your foundation a few days ago. I had no idea what he was:


He is called a "Lunar Moth" and he is about 6 inches long on both ends. Quite gorgeous in person. His coloring was outrageous. A few hours later I was watering my flower gardens and forgot he was there. I got him a little wet and he flew away!

    Không có nhận xét nào

    Đăng nhận xét