A Broderie Perse Dresden!

One of our gals brought the most wonderful antique quilt top to show & share and I just went nuts over it. We’ve all seen Dresden Plate ... thumbnail 1 summary
20151023_170245
One of our gals brought the most wonderful antique quilt top to show & share and I just went nuts over it.

We’ve all seen Dresden Plate quilts before – they were all the rage through the 1930s and into the 1940s.  A true classic of quilt making.

 But I know you’ve never seen one like this either!

The first thing I noticed was white fans on that typical sunny 1930s background.

And then I looked and thought all of those fans were fussy cut because they looked “striped” to me.

And when I got up close and personal?

Holy Moly!  There was a whole lot of fussy cutting of flowers and applique and embroidery going on!

We had to lay it out and get some close up looks:
Did You Click to Read the Whole Story?

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét