Merry Monday #133!

Happy Monday Stampers! I'm so glad you stopped in as we have a brand new challenge this week at Merry Monday with Nina as our hostess. ... thumbnail 1 summary
Happy Monday Stampers! I'm so glad you stopped in as we have a brand new challenge this week at Merry Monday with Nina as our hostess. Take a look:


When I think of rustic, I am drawn back to living in the country as a child and all of the red barns that were around that are now considered rustic because of their age. That's why I decided to add a little bit of rustic red to my card:
 

I sponged every single layer you see.....even the ribbon! I scrunched it up spritzed it with some water and then took the sponge to it with ink and dirtied it up a little. Notice that the top portion of my card is cut-out partially with the framelit I used. I'll show you how to achieve this but first, here are some close-up pics for you:



And here is a little tutorial on the cutting:


To duplicate my card, you will need the Labels Collection Framelits and a piece of cardstock measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". Score in the center at 2 1/8" on the 4 1/4" side. Do not fold yet.

Place your cardstock and die on your Big Shot Machine platform and cutting plate by centering as shown below:


Using your 2nd cutting plate, position it over your cardstock so that the edge of your cutting plate is lined up at the scored line. This means half of your cardstock is not under the cutting plate:


Begin turning the handle of your Big Shot Machine insuring that the cutting plate does not move and is lined up at the score line as the sandwich goes through your machine.  This is what your cardstock piece should look like once it goes through your machine. Notice that only the half that was under the cutting plate is now cut:


Now you can fold your card in half on the score line, keeping the shape that you cut flat and unfolded:


You can actually complete this using any of your shaped dies! How fun is that? I hope you give it a try and don't forget to visit my Merry Monday teammates today and join in on the fun!

 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
Card Supplies:



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét