Stamp Etching Technique!

Good Morning Stampers! Can you believe it's the end of the month already? Time flies and it's been chilly here in Maine. It's be... thumbnail 1 summary
Good Morning Stampers! Can you believe it's the end of the month already? Time flies and it's been chilly here in Maine. It's been forecast that we are going to be receiving A LOT of snow this year and an early winter. Seems like we just left Old Man Winter and here we go again! I am actually in Washington DC with Dave as you read this. I checked the weather before we left on Thursday and it's supposed to be in the low 80's while we are there. Crossing fingers. I earned this Stampin' Up! incentive trip this past year with my sales and numbers. Thank you to all of my downline, customers and you, my blog readers for a wonderful year!


I thought I would post a tutorial today for a technique called "Stamp Etching". POST EDITED: I just found out where this technique originated from after I posted this. I want to give Lydia Fiedler credit as she is the one that started this technique....thanks Lydia!

What is stamp etching? It's when you add your own hand-drawn lines to an existing stamp image. Look closely at the two coffee cups from the Perfect Blend stamp set:


Although this stamp image does contain some of it's own vertical lines, I've added more on each side of the cups horizontally. I'll show you how I achieved this.

You will need:
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • StazOn Jet Black Ink
  • Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker

Stamp your image using the StazOn Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. I used the masking technique and stamped two cups. Notice the existing lines on the inside of each cup:


Using your marker, add horizontal lines along both sides of your cups. Notice the cup on the left-hand side where I've added lines to the left side of the cup:


Continue to add lines until both sides of each cup are completed. Make sure to include the lids also:


I added flowers to each cup and etched all of the petals also. My next step was to cut my cardstock using the Circles Collection Framelits Dies. I used the 2nd largest non-scalloped circle:


I then layered the circle over a larger circle cut with Basic Black Cardstock and finally, using the scalloped circle, made my card base. I'll show you how in the next photo:


Cut two circles (I used Marina Mist Cardstock). Using one circle, score and fold the top. I measured down about an inch to make my score line. Once you've folded on your score line, glue the top 1" scored portion to scallop #2:


Here's the very front of the card:

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today! I hope you have a great day! 

Card Supplies:
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét