Reasons to LOVE a Vintage Machine!

This email from Becky just popped into my inbox….and I had to go click to the video to watch. She writes: Hi Bon, After watching you explain... thumbnail 1 summary
This email from Becky just popped into my inbox….and I had to go click to the video to watch.

She writes:

Hi Bon,
After watching you explain to Cam viewers last night why you prefer antique/vintage machines over new plastic junk, I thought you'd enjoy seeing this 4-year-old video. He says it all! 
Even that Janome he shows still flexed a bit...can you imagine our old girls flexing like that? No way!!!

I'm so excited that you will be doing your next QuiltCam with a hand crank!!! It was nice to hear that Nell is inspired to look for a hand crank after seeing Wilhelmina on the GPS tractor!
I just used her in the car on a trip to Seattle this past weekend to sew up some more scrappy triangle squares. She is a GREAT travel machine!! I can easily sew away in the car while traveling with her on my lap. She's my laptop sewing machine. Couldn't do it with any other hand crank I have.
Okay...I know you're busy, so I'll let you go. Enjoy your next round of trips!!! Girl...I don't know how you do it!!

Becky
E. WA
You might remember Becky as our tractor driving, string piecing diva down on the farm in Eastern Washington.  I posted her video HERE.

Check this out:


No, I can’t imagine anyone being able to flex any of my heavy metal machines.  Thanks for sending this Becky, I hope it brings about things to consider when buying a "cheap" machine. I heard the woman mention "a couple hundred dollars at a big box store" so I have a good idea of what she got.

Once you go vintage, you never go back to plastic!

PS:  There are many higher end machines that DO have metal frames inside of their plastic.  I am not dissing any brand or naming names here --just stating my own observances and preferences.


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét