Stampers for Others Challenge #7

Happy 60th Birthday to my hubby Dave, yesterday! There is a story that goes with this card........I made it a few weeks ago with the intenti... thumbnail 1 summary
Happy 60th Birthday to my hubby Dave, yesterday!

There is a story that goes with this card........I made it a few weeks ago with the intentions of having a huge bash for my hubby....well, plans changed. He did not want a big bash so instead, I booked a trip for us to Prince Edward Island in Canada. We are lucky that we live just 10 minutes away from the Canadian border and only have to travel about 5 hours. He has always wanted to go visit Prince Edward Island so we left yesterday, on his birthday, for 4 days!

I thought I would post this card and use it for the Stampers for Others Challenge. This month's challenge is to create a "4th of July card":


 I started out with a base color of Basic Black. I then stamped some grasses with the "Inspired by Nature" stamp set in "Old Olive Ink". The "BBQ" lettering is created with the "Big Shot Machine" and the  "Serif Essentials Alphabet Die Set" in Real Red Cardstock.

The grill is made with the following punches:
  • Word Window Punch: Cut 1 in Real Red for the hot dog, 1 in Basic Black for the grill's grate, 2 in Basic Gray for the grill's legs
  • 3/4" Circle Punch: Cut 2 in Basic Black for the wheels
  • 1/2" Circle Punch: Cut 2 in Basic Gray for the wheels
  • Ornament Punch: Cut 1 in Basic Black and use the top part only for the handle for the grill top
  • 1 3/4" Circle Punch: Cut 1 in Basic Black and cut in half for the grill top & bottom
Assemble the grill with brads and adhesive. The sentiment is from "Sincere Salutations", inked with Basic Black and stamped on Whisper White Cardstock. Punch used is the "Scallop Oval Punch" layered over the "Wide Oval Punch" in Basic Black Cardstock.

Card Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White, Real Red
  • Inks: Basic Black, Old Olive
  • Stamp Sets: Sincere Salutations, Inspired by Nature
  • Tools: Big Shot Machine, Scallop Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Ornament Punch, Word Window Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Serif Essentials Alphabet Die Set
  • Accessories: Brads
I will have posts on my blog while we are away so make sure you keep visiting me! Thank you so much for dropping in and have a great weekend!


Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét