Old Quilts New Life with Sarah Fielke!

Old Quilts!  Old Quilts!  Is there anything I am more passionate about than the love of Old Quilts? Well yes, as long as you include old fab... thumbnail 1 summary
6a010536f8e72a970c01b7c7e5bb8a970b-800wi
Old Quilts!  Old Quilts!  Is there anything I am more passionate about than the love of Old Quilts?

Well yes, as long as you include old fabrics, old machines, old sewing notions – every piece and part has a story to tell.

Antique quilts have always been a passion, from the first quilt I rescued from my dad’s car trunk in my early 20's to the quilts I later inherited from my grandmother who was NOT a quilter and didn’t know the story behind the quilts, just that they had been “in the family”- to the very first yard sale purchase of antique blocks with plans to put them together myself, and hand quilt them, finishing the job of a faceless, nameless needlewoman who had left them behind.  I love it all.

I love the connection to quilters and needle workers from the past the most.

I like to think that if we were ever to meet face to face, we could sit down over tea and cookies and talk about our love of all things quilting, from choosing the right piece of fabric, to what it takes to make that scrap bag go a bit farther, having to be creative when pieces are limited, to the pleasure of cutting out each piece and seeing stacks of uniform shapes ready to sew together, to the actual sewing, quilting and binding. 

Oh we’d have SO MUCH to talk about!

And then there are those who I have met during my lifetime as a traveling teacher – teaching along side other folks who share the same passions – the love of fabric, needle, thread, and longing for more time to put those three things together.

In May of 2014  I had the pleasure of meeting up for the first time with Australia’s own Sarah Fielke as we were both teaching at the Grand Hotel Needle Art Seminar on Mackinac Island, Michigan.

There we were..Sarah with her applique in hand, and I with my hexies, talking about all of those things I have longed to share –in real time!

Did You Click to Read the Whole Story?

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét