Quiltville Alaska Cruise Update!

Those of you who have signed up, or were thinking of signing up for my Alaska Cruise in July of 2016 are going to be excited to learn that w... thumbnail 1 summary
alasak2015
Those of you who have signed up, or were thinking of signing up for my Alaska Cruise in July of 2016 are going to be excited to learn that we have changed our travel plans!

When I was first asked to teach on this cruise, it was with the understanding there would be 4 instructors –and the 2 full days at sea would be filled with 4 3 hour workshops, and the students would rotate from teacher to teacher to teacher to teacher.

That is an awful lot of moving of quilters and quilt stuff around on a ship.

While on the Caribbean cruise a couple of weeks ago, we experienced MY favorite way of cruising, where I was the ONLY instructor and we were a retreat at sea –I had 50 cruisers –and once they chose their work space in our beautiful conference center classroom, that was THEIR spot for the entirety of the cruise.

They could leave their stuff without having to haul it.  They could come and go and do ship activities as they pleased, fitting in the sewing when they could and when they wanted.  They had their stations as their own.

It was a totally fun and RELAXING experience.

I received a phone call the morning I was leaving to Maine asking me if I would be up to doing the Alaska cruise by myself as the solo instructor.

I gave it a resounding YES!  A full week on one project is much better than 4 3-hour mini workshops and fighting for a machine to sew at during open sew time after dinner in the evenings.

One cruise, one class, one project. This is just my preferred way to cruise.
Did You Click to Read the Whole Story?

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét