Show & Share in Peoria!

We have had quite the show and share over the past few days, and boy do I love to see it! These quilters do absolutely fantastic work, and I... thumbnail 1 summary
We have had quite the show and share over the past few days, and boy do I love to see it!

These quilters do absolutely fantastic work, and I love seeing the variety of scraps, colors and fabrics the pull together to make the quilts sing!

Some of the ladies I have met before, and their names have stuck with me since I have known them from other places.  I feel really bad when I can’t remember someone’s name and they all blur together ---we’ve had 4  full classes, with 24 slots for students in each class, some students were duplicates, but it’s still well over 80 people in 3 days so I hope you will forgive me if your name escapes me…your smile and your voice and the fun we had will stay with me and I will remember your face next time!

This is Sharon and her Roll Roll Cotton Boll from Scraps & Shirttails II!  Isn’t it beautiful?

Peoria_IL2013 054

She also shared her Tulip Fields from String Fling!

Peoria_IL2013 055

Nancy shared her Easy Street – aren’t the colors great?

Peoria_IL2013 057

Sue’s Lazy Sunday in Progress – see the border thrown over her shoulder?

Peoria_IL2013 060

Another Easy Street in Autumn tones!

Talk about perfect piecing, how about perfect pressing – with seams all open!

Peoria_IL2013 059

This top laid so nice and flat!

Peoria_IL2013 061

I love this picture even though her eyes are closed ---

She’s got Tumalo Trail from Scraps & Shirttails II in progress.

Peoria_IL2013 062

Check out the back of Winston Ways, also in progress!

Peoria_IL2013 063

Front of block!  Is she a happy scrapper or what?

Peoria_IL2013 064

Another Lazy Sunday in progress!  oooh, I really like these soft desert colors!

Peoria_IL2013 126

Cathy brought in her very LARGE Roll Roll Cotton Boll!

Peoria_IL2013 127

I think the first class Cathy took with me a few years back was String Spider Web.

Love this in neutrals with just a few pastels thrown in!

Peoria_IL2013 128

See the soft colors?  NICE!

String Spider Web is a freebie under the Free Patterns Tab!

Peoria_IL2013 129

She made Blue Ridge Beauty from Adventures with Leaders & Enders –Completely as a Leader & Ender project!

Peoria_IL2013 178

Marcia shared her bed runner, it’s layered and ready for quilting!

Peoria_IL2013 195

Rozanna made her Easy Street in yummy berry tones and soft green!

Peoria_IL2013 196

She also jumped on to the Crumb Geese craze!
The directions for the Crumb Geese are under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

Peoria_IL2013 197

This layout I LOVE!  I’ve never seen another like it!

This was our Leader & Ender challenge from a couple of years ago –also under the free patterns tab, click Cheddar Bow-Ties!

Peoria_IL2013 198

Close up of one corner, isn’t this fun?!

Peoria_IL2013 199

Crab Apples from Adventures with Leaders & Enders is ready for quilting!

Peoria_IL2013 200

Scrappy Trips from the Free Patterns tab!

Peoria_IL2013 201

Bricks & Stepping Stones from the Free Patterns Tab!

Peoria_IL2013 204

Four Ever Nines was a block from my Addicted to Scraps Column with Quiltmaker Magazine!
I love this rainbow layout – all the 9 patch blocks were from a swap and the article gave her an idea for the setting!

Peoria_IL2013 208

A special Sampler quilt for when her mom goes to chemo.

Peoria_IL2013 205

And This completely took my breath away!

How about Smith Mountain Morning from Scraps & Shirttails II in KING SIZE?!

Spectacular!

Peoria_IL2013 206

I SO LOVE THIS!

I haven’t done a red/white/blue quilt for quite some time, I think I’m going to have to put one on my MUST DO list!

Ladies, thank you for hosting me in Peoria!  We’ve had a great time.  I’ve loved being here!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét