I’ve Been Hexie-Clocked!

Have you seen the IKEA Hexie clock that has been going around the internet, forwarded and posted by hexie lovers everywhere? I had toyed wit... thumbnail 1 summary
Have you seen the IKEA Hexie clock that has been going around the internet, forwarded and posted by hexie lovers everywhere?

I had toyed with the idea of getting one on my next Ikea trip – which hasn’t happened yet.

And then I get a package from Sigrid in the mail, all the way from Germany!

The silly girl – just what is she up to?

quiltcam 012
It shakes! It rattles!

This worries me because the package says FRAGILE on the front!

quiltcam 013

Hahahahaha!  I recognize what this is by the pictures she has attached to the note!

quiltcam 014

Hexi-Clock Fun!

quiltcam 015

This is Ikea --- there are no directions!  Can I figure this out?!

studio 048

YES!!  It’s on the wall in my studio!

Now, know this – it is going to drive ANY of the OCD-Symmetrical folks out there batty ---because there are not enough of each color to do a normal “design”  This is a scrappy hexie clock for sure…but I love it!

It’s also not as easy to click together as you would think, as soon as I had one section attached, another side would come UNATTACHED…so go for the free form approach and just let them be wherever they will stay connected!

How about a clock UPDO!?

Hexy-Clock-Title-598x479

Click to SewFearless HERE to see how she covered her hexies with her favorite scraps!

What a great idea!

I don’t have time to dig into this project now ---but I like it!

I’m just happy to have Sigrid’s gift of a hexie clock hanging on my studio wall reminding me of the time we spent together in Ireland.

Thanks again, Sigrid!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét