Pals Paper Arts-PPA99

CAS Element of Style - Stars: Pals Paper Arts presents a star spangled challenge!  Stars are the element of style this week - hmm aren... thumbnail 1 summary

CAS Element of Style - Stars: Pals Paper Arts presents a star spangled challenge!  Stars are the element of style this week - hmm aren't they always?  So use one star or a whole galaxy of them as the element of style on your card!  Be a star and shine here at Pals Paper Arts!


My husband and I just got back from Prince Edward Island today on a short summer vacation and I wanted to play! It's so hard to be away from our stamps isn't it?
When I read the word "Stars", I immediately thought of my "5 Point 3D Star Die". This is what I came up with:


 I thought I would create a cute little 4th of July decoration for my entryway! I used the "Nautical Expediation DSP" from the Summer Mini Catalog.


The star was created with the "Stars #2 Die" and "Riding Hood Red Cardstock", and embossed with the "Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder". I plopped a "Flower Designer Brad" in the center and stamped a small star from the "Pennant Parade Stamp Set" and used the "1/2" Circle Punch" to cut it out and stuck it in the center of the brad with a "Stampin' Dimensional".


The 2 pennants, one above and one below, were both created with the "Pennant Parade Stamp Set" and punched using the "Pennant Punch". I used "Whisper White Craft Ink" on both and sprinkled with "White Embossing Powder" and heat set with my "Heat Tool". Add a toothpick to each pennant with adhesive and glue in place behind the star.


Adding a string to hang your star is real easy.......just punch a small hole at the top of your star with your "1/16" Handheld Punch. Follow that with a circle cut with the "1/2 Circle Punch" and a small hole again with the handheld punch. Adhere to the star and loop a piece of "Bakers Twine" through the whole and form a knot on the backside:


View of star laying flat to show you dimension:


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed my 3D star for Pals Paper Arts. I hope you can join us!

Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
  • DSP: Nautical Expedition
  • Accessories: Flower Designer Brad, Bakers Twine
  • Tools: 1/2" Circle Punch, 1/16" Handheld Punch, Stars #2 Die, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, 5 Point 3D Star Die, Pennant Punch, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stamp Set: Pennant Parade
  • Inks: Whisper White Craft Ink
  • Non-SU: Toothpicks


Không có nhận xét nào

Đăng nhận xét